Luca

 I know, I have been on an animation rush, but I just can't help myself! Luca is one of my absolute favorite movies and definitely stays as my absolute favorite. It follows two boys that are sea monsters who want to escape where they live and explore the world. One of the boys make another girl and his dreams shift from exploring the world, to attending school. Luca is such a beautiful showing of friendship, growing, family, and coming of age. There is something so freeing about film that gives it a summer vibe. Luca is that movie that teaches the audience that sometimes you outgrow your friends and move on to better things, and to parents, that in order for something to grow you need to let them go.


The ending is very realistic and bittersweet, Luca leaves Alberto behind in order to better himself while also keeping in contact. I think that this movie is not talked about enough, and maybe thats part of the charm. Disney movies that are underplayed are often diamonds in the rough. Watching this in the theater again was such a throwback, and Luca still holds a place as one of my favorite Disney movies. 9/10.

Comments

  1. It hasn't been THAT much of an animation kick. Also, this movie is too good not to write about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts