The Bicycle Thieves

 Unpopular opinion (for the class), but I actually loved this movie. I liked how it connected to a bigger picture to how society functioned at the time. I think the simplicity in the movie is apart of its charm, charm being that this movie is just so human in the best way possible. I like that it showed the imperfections of humanity and that things don't always go our way, even if its for a good reason. I understand why this movie is loved the way it is loved because there is an overall message that is not inly applicable to the movie, but to the real world today.


I also would like to add that for the time the angle of cameras was really impressive, considering how heavy they were compared to modern day cameras. Bicycle Thieves followed a father trying to secure a job, and when he finally secures one, he is required to have a bike. On the first day of the job, his bike is stolen and he embarks on this rush throughout Italy with his son to find his bike (to no avail). Everyone in my film class said they hated the movie, but I for one really enjoyed it. It played well with the time and the economy, but also plays into how life works as well. I rate this movie a 9/10.

Comments

  1. This makes me an irresponsible teacher, but the fact that you liked Bicycle Thieves means I'm going to accept this for your INDEPENDENT VIEWING blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts